Last updated: February 19, 2021
However good the maker’s intentions, technology can amplify the ability to cause great harm. That’s why we’ve established this policy. We feel an ethical obligation to counter such harm: both in terms of dealing with instances where ChatLesson is used (and abused) to further such harm, and to state unequivocally that ChatLesson is not a safe haven for people who wish to commit such harm. If you have an account with any of our products, you can’t use them for any of the restricted purposes listed below. If we find out you are, we will take action.
• Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use ChenGen Corporation products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
• Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don’t tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse. Keep away and stop. Just stop.
• Doxing: If you are using ChenGen Corporation products to share other peoples’ private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don’t want anything to do with you.
• Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
• Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
• Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don’t tolerate folks (including their bots) using ChenGen Corporation products for spamming purposes.
• Cybersquatting: We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase a ChenGen Corporation account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
• Infringing on intellectual property: You can’t use ChatLesson to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
While our use restrictions are comprehensive, they can’t be exhaustive. That said, we hope the overarching spirit is clear: ChatLesson is not to be harnessed for harm.
How to report abuse
For all suspected cases, please let us know by emailing our team. If you’re not 100% sure if something rises to the level of our use restrictions policy, report it anyway.
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. If you need a secure file transfer, let us know and we will send you a link. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
*This policy and process applies to any product created and owned by ChenGen Corporation. This includes ChatLesson.
© ChenGen Corporation 2021. All rights reserved.